VYH & COVID-19: HOW YOU CAN HELP
Valley Youth House opened our doors to young people in crisis 47 years ago. As we face the current challenges brought on by COVID-19, our commitment to young people and their families is unwavering. Valley Youth House is resilient – from the youth and families that walk through our doors, to the staff members who work tirelessly to support them. At VYH, we don’t turn our backs at the first sign of adversity. We haven’t for 47 years and we won’t in these challenging times.
Clearly these are uncertain times, calling all of us to remember what’s important and do the best we can to support one another with whatever resources we have. At Valley Youth House, that means we are taking care of vulnerable young people and families in our community, as well as our dedicated staff who work with them every day. Although our administrative office is closed, our shelters and residential sites are still open and serving youth, and we are continuing to connect with clients virtually to assure their safety and wellbeing and to provide therapeutic support.
Like many of you, we are beginning to forecast various scenarios based on how long this pandemic will impact us. We know one thing for sure – youth and families still need our help, families still need counseling, housing and support, and that there are many people, like you, who care for others and want to help.
- During this time of uncertainty, will you make a donation to help ensure that we will continue to be able to meet the critical needs of vulnerable young people and their families? Please help make this time less difficult for the youth and families we serve by making a gift today.
- On our Donation page you can provide sustaining support of our programs by making an automatic monthly gift.
- Double your donation today through corporate matching gifts! Contact your company’s Community Relations or Human Resources Department about how to get started.
- Start a Facebook fundraiser to benefit Valley Youth House during this uncertain time.
- Donate supplies
- Provide us items on our Amazon Wish List: Shelter & Housing Programs
- Needed items: masks (any type, although N-95 preferred), baby food, diapers & pull-ups, and cleaning supplies, such as disinfectant wipes and sprays and hand sanitizer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for drop-off or shipping information. A Contribution Form must be completed for all gift in-kind donations.
- When making purchases on Amazon, use AmazonSmile instead and select ‘Valley Youth House Committee, Inc.’ as your charity of choice for Amazon to donate a portion of your total back to VYH.
- Donate meals via Kremmer’s Community Kitchen. Donate HERE to provide weekly Meal Kits to our youth and families.
Thank you for supporting Valley Youth House. Working together, we will do our best to prevent the spread of this virus and ensure that our youth and families continue to receive the highest quality services that they deserve.
Please contact info@ValleyYouthHouse.org if you have any questions.
*A BIG thank you to Keith Krem and Kremmerer’s Community Kitchen who will be delivering meal kits to our Shelter, Maternity Group Home, and Rapid ReHousing programs in Lehigh, Northampton, Bucks and Montgomery Counties. We are unbelievably appreciative for your generosity! Help provide Meal Kits to youth and families by donating HERE. Learn more about Kremmerer’s Community Kitchen Meal Kits and purchase meal kits for youth and families here.*