Transitional Age Youth Certified Peer Specialist
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: TAY CPS
The job duties for this position are the following:
- Provide 1:1 support and encouragement to individuals with mental health diagnoses in order to develop their individual service plans and accomplish person-centered goals.
- To attend weekly supervision and complete appropriate documentation per program expectations.
- To serve individuals ages 14-26 years of age with mental health diagnoses in their homes, schools, vocational arenas, and community settings.
- To complete appropriate training per program expectations
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- 18 years of age or older (high school diploma or general equivalence diploma required)
- Must have one year of full time paid work experience within the past three years.
- Candidate must have received mental health services for a serious emotional disturbance or serious mental illness.
- Must have driver’s license and clean driving record as well as appropriate clearances (FBI, PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Check)
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.