Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Therapist – Full-time & Part-time Position
The job duties for this position are the following:
- To provide half of their time face to face hours with children, youth, and families at least 85% of the time.
- To complete and submit to the case file all required clinical documentation in a professional manner within established program expectations and time frames.
- To complete youth intake interviews and their subsequent dictation according to established program time frames and protocol.
- To successfully engage youth in the treatment process
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- Master’s Degree in human services discipline; LPC or LSW preferred.
- Never convicted of any child abuse offenses.
- Must be able to stand for several hours consecutively, lift about 10 pounds, bend, squat, and climb flights of stairs.
- Must have the ability to work in a loud or distracting environment.
- Must have a clear driving record.
- Must have all child abuse clearances.
- Shall be well organized and be able to prioritize assignments to meet paperwork deadlines.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.