Therapist Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy 3002
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: TF-CBT Therapist
The job duties for this position are the following:
- Selected candidate will provide TF-CBT interventions to help children, adolescents and their parents (caregivers) to overcome the impact of trauma.
- The focus of treatment is to assist the child or adolescent to develop coping strategies for traumatic stress reactions (PTSD) and reduce symptoms of depression, anxiety, or acting out behavior which is common in children and adolescents exposed to trauma.
- TF-CBT is an 18 to 28 session intervention.
- Qualified candidates may have completed Certification in TF-CBT or will completed a 10 hour online TF-CBT Training, a 2-day training in Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and 6 months of consultation leading to Certification in TF-CBT.
- Services provided in the home.
- Complete all necessary documentation of services.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- Master’s Degree with Professional License (LPC, LCSW, LSW) or in process.
- Ability to engage & work with at-risk youth and families.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking a plus
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.