Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Therapist ($36k – $40k)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- Provide case management and counseling services to youth who are in placement and their families/caregivers in the home, placement setting, and community to promote positive family management and address youth adjustment needs.
- To complete trainings for the Family Check Up Model, Motivational Interviewing, and Visit Coaching.
- To complete all required documentation of services.
- To provide services according to treatment needs and availability of the family, including evenings and weekends.
- Share after hours on-call responsibilities with team member.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- A completed Master’s Degree in Psychology/Social Work or related field.
- Awareness of trauma informed practices.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking a plus
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.