Talent Development & Training Specialist – 0100
Posted by Silvia on 07/13/2020
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Talent Development & Training Specialist ($40,000 – $45,000)
Talent Development Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development, carrying out, and evaluation of training programs for agency staff and student interns. Staff Development Specialist is under the direction of the program supervisor and the authority of the Human Resources Vice President and President, CEO.
- Provide direct, in-person training according to established agency time frames on the following topics:
- Professional Ethics & Confidentiality
- Suicide/Homicide Prevention
- Writing Skills and case documentation
- Intake/Assessment & Information Gathering
- Positive Youth/Human Development
- Inside the House: Mission, Vision and Programming
- Managing Aggressive Behavior
- CPR/First Aid (Via the American Red Cross)
- Medication Management (Via Temple University)
- Fire Safety
- Diabetes Training (as a para-educator)
- Maintain active certification in Managing Aggressive Behavior, CPR/First Aid
Fire Safety and Medication Management
- Assist in creation and scheduling of agency training calendar
- Act as an agency administrator for Relias Learning Management System
- Act as a Reaching Teens Champion
- Assist in the updating of current agency curriculum
- Assist in development of new training to develop skills of agency employees
- Assist in the processing and reviewing of applications for student internships
- Quality Assurance/Compliance checks of programmatic expectations or agency assigned trainings.
- Quality Assurance of all trainings offered at VYH and accurate data entry into Relias Learning Management System.
- Provide supervision to student interns as needed
- Meet at least one time per week with assigned supervisor
- Assist with internship, Career and fairs where appropriate.
- Assist the planning and implementation of Staff Appreciation and Staff retreat
- Immediately report to the supervisor any situation in which: a trainee discusses behavior that is not in line with agency values or State/Federal laws and statutes
- Timely completion of training in accordance with program standards.
- Accurate and timely completion of personnel materials (i.e. mileage reimbursement, time sheets, etc.).
- Complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned.
- Knowledge, commitment, and support of agency values and goals.
- A mature professional with sound judgement who displays loyalty and honesty to the job; one who serves to be a role model to staff and student interns.
- Must be able to pass/uphold child abuse and criminal clearances.
- Required to pass drug screening procedures as set forth by agency policy.
- Education: Master’s degree in Human Services or other related field
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience in providing instruction to adults.
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable mode of transportation is required.
- Willingness to drive to all VYH training locations is required.
- Weekend or evening hours will be required on occasion.
- Physical ability to carry (up to) 5lb. laptop briefcase is required.
- Ability to navigate stairs (as some locations are not always handicap friendly) is highly preferred.
- Possess basic computer knowledge & skills (i.e. Microsoft Windows software); familiarity with Google Suite is desired.
- Professional license in a counseling profession (LPC, LSW, LCSW, LMFT) is preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of video editing software is desired
- Motor Vehicle Report must meet agency acceptable guidelines.
- The candidate’s race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or state of physical disability will not be considered when hiring for this position.