SE Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: FT – Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor ( $45k – $48k)
Under the Chief Financial Officer’s authority and the Fleet & Facilities Managers supervision, this person is responsible for oversight, maintenance and repair of all agency buildings (including rentals) and vehicles. Primary duties include direct supervision of the SE maintenance staff, managing the maintenance team calendar, purchasing, maintaining and ensuring repair of vehicles, purchasing supplies/furniture and maintaining inventory, and for managing vendor contracts/securing bids. This position is under the Fleet & Facilities manager’s authority and supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- To provide quality supervision to the SE Maintenance Staff. This includes prioritizing and directing tasks and completing formal and informal evaluation. Supervision of Maintenance staff will be ongoing, with individual and/or group supervisory sessions occurring at least biweekly
- Sufficient knowledge of computer skills such as email,calendars, timesheets, excel spreadsheets and word documents
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, landscaping, and other general repairs.
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle according to all applicable state, local and VYH regulations and policies.
- The appropriate use of VYH credit cards and business accounts according to all VYH policies
- To be a positive role model for the SE maintenance staff
KEY FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
- To oversee relocation and moving services for agency offices and clients as identified by management staff.
- To oversee maintenance tasks in the areas of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, landscaping, and other general repairs, relocation and moving services for agency offices and clients
3. To assist in problem solving and re-prioritizing as conflicting maintenance needs arise in the SE region.
- To oversee the pickup of donated goods and furnishings.
- To provide orientation to assigned staff, including paperwork, clearances, trainings and other responsibilities
- To maintain a positive community and landlord relations in a proactive manner.
- To make major purchases and obtain bids for major repairs in the SE region.
- To conduct staff interviews and make hiring recommendations.
- To assist in preparation of sites for inspections.
- To manage inventory of agency supplies and furniture.
- To accurately complete all personnel materials in a timely manner (i.e. mileage reimbursement, time sheets, etc).
- To manage the agency electronic maintenance scheduling system, client move system and documents and develop new procedures and systems as needed.
- To serve as a positive team member.
- To serve as a positive role model for all program youth.
- To complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned.
The SE Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor shall be a mature individual with the ability to articulate and implement the philosophy of Valley Youth House. They will possess strong knowledge of basic repair in the areas of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting. The SE Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor will possess sound judgment and serve as a positive role model for program youth & staff. They shall never have been convicted of any child abuse offense. They shall possess a demonstrated ability to conduct maintenance activities, have strong knowledge of eastern Pennsylvania, possess a valid driver’s license, and be willing to travel extensively. He/She shall have a HS diploma or GED or equivalent.
The position requires three or more years of experience in a related field and one or more years of supervisory experience. The candidate’s race, gender, religion, or state of physical disability will not be considered when hiring for this position.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.