Room & Board Life Skills Counselor 9400
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
Valley Youth House Pride program is the longest-running housing program for LGBTQ+ youth in Philadelphia.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Room & Board Life Skills Counselor – $34k – $36k
The job duties for this position are the following:
- Successfully engage youth/client in developing and implementing their individual goal and/or transition plan using positive youth development, trauma-informed, and culturally appropriate frameworks.
- A minimum of 50% of the working hours will be spent providing quality in-according to youth’s/clients identified the level of service.
- Ensure up-to-date paper & electronic client records in compliance with program, county, state and federal regulations and private grant requirements as applicable.
- Facilitate a long term project that is either an ongoing workshop or initiative.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- They will never have been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense.
- They shall possess a minimum of two-years experience working with adolescents and a BS/BA in human services or an equivalent combination of experience in the field and education.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.