Resident Advisor 9000
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Resident Advisor ($13)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- To provide quality supervision to assigned youth during assigned shifts, evenings, overnights and weekends. This includes being on-site, engaging youth, planning activities, and supporting youth with life skills.
- Successfully engage youth in implementing their individual goal and/or transition plan using positive youth development, trauma-informed and culturally appropriate frameworks.
- To complete paperwork and site maintenance/cleanliness in compliance with program, county, state, and federal regulations and provide grant requirements as applicable.
- Address and report any crisis or critical incident as defined by agency and/or county, state or federal regulations according to the agency’s formalized practice and protocols.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- Must be able to obtain necessary clearances (Childline, FBI, Criminal Background)
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.