Resident Advisor 1915-34
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Resident Advisor – $12 – $14 (Full-time & Part-time)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- The Resident Advisor is responsible for supervising the youth, teaching the youth life skills, daily operation of the site, and transportation of youth for certain activities.
- Under the authority of the Senior Vice President, Director, and Associate Director and reports directly to the Residential Coordinator.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- The Resident Advisor shall be a mature individual with the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of the independent living program.
- They will possess sound judgement and knowledge of adolescent development.
- This individual will be organized and highly adapt at managing multiple tasks and assignments.
- Successful team members are creative thinkers and flexible in their approaches to people and projects.
- They must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to operate agency vehicle.
- They will never have been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense.
- They shall possess a minimum of a high school diploma with one year of experience working with adolescents preferred.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.