Relief Resident Advisor
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Relief Resident Advisor
The job duties for this position are the following:
- To provide quality supervision to assigned youth during assigned shifts, evenings, overnights and weekends.
- This includes being on-site, engaging youth in implementing their individual goal and/or transition plan using positive youth development, trauma-informed and culturally appropriate frameworks.
- To complete paperwork and site maintenance/cleanliness in compliance with program, county, state and federal regulations and private grant requirements as applicable.
- Address and report any crisis or critical incident as defined by agency and/or county, state or federal regulations according to the agency’s formalized practice and protocols.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- To administer medication to assigned youth in compliance with regulations.
- To provide or facilitate transportation for youth.
- Meet with the youth according to program requirements to model and practice independent living skills with youth, including, but not limited to: academic and career planning, permanent relationships/mentoring, housing/household maintenance, priority setting, money management, and health and wellness.
- Represent the program and agency in a professional manner and maintain positive community relationships in a proactive manner.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.