Relief Resident Advisor
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Relief Resident Advisor ($12.00)
The Resident Advisor is responsible for supervising the youth, teaching the youth life skills, daily operation of the site, and transportation of youth for certain activities. Under the authority of the Senior Vice President, Director, and Associate Director and reports directly to the Program Supervisor/Program Coordinator.
Critical Functions of Position:
- To provide quality supervision to assigned youth during assigned shifts, evenings, overnights and weekends. This includes being on-site, engaging youth, planning activities, and supporting youth with life skills.
- Successfully engage youth in implementing their individual goal and/or transition plan using positive youth development, trauma-informed and culturally appropriate frameworks.
- To complete paperwork and site maintenance/cleanliness in compliance with program, county, state and federal regulations and private grant requirements as applicable.
- Address and report any crisis or critical incident as defined by agency and/or county, state or federal regulations according to the agency’s formalized practice and protocols.
Essential Functions of Position:
- To administer medication to assigned youth in compliance with regulations.
- To provide or facilitate transportation for youth.
- Meet with the youth according program requirements to model and practice independent living skills with youth, including, but not limited to: academic and career planning, permanent relationships/mentoring, housing/household maintenance, priority setting, money management, and health and wellness.
Represent the program and agency in a professional manner and maintain positive community relationships in a proactive manner