Recruitment Coordinator 9400
The Program Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive service area. Primary duties include recruitment, facilitation, curriculum oversight and all aspects of day-to-day management of the program. Additionally, the Program Coordinator ensures positive community relations and quality services. This includes, but is not limited to, developing projects, proactively engaging youth in daily activities, developing and connecting youth with resources in their community, and facilitating specialized groups. The Program Coordinator also generates plans with youth and team members, tracks program & client outcomes, and submits reports according to agency, county, state and federal requirements. The Program Coordinator is under the authority of the Senior Vice-President and the Director and reports directly to the Program Supervisor/Associate Director.
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Recruitment Coordinator
The job duties for this position are the following:
1. Provide high quality leadership and supervision to team members, volunteers and interns in all program settings and foster a culturally sensitive, youth-centered environment.
2. Develop and facilitate regularly scheduled workshops, sessions and/or community events/activities to promote youth engagement & relationship-building, creative expression and personal growth for young people.
3. Coordinate curriculum implementation as well as updates, and program activities through self-directed and collaborative efforts with other VYH team members and collateral support people. This may include oversight of service purchase agreements & vendor relationships.
4. Promote youth and team well-being by creating physically, emotionally and mentally safe spaces and proactively addressing negativity by integrating designated modalities from a trauma-informed, positive youth development perspective.
5. To be the point person to address and report any crisis or critical incident as defined by agency and/or county, state or federal regulations according to the agency’s formalized practice and protocols.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
Essential Functions of Position
1. Proactively recruit and engage youth in programming activities and curriculum-based workshops that support their individual goals and personal growth using positive youth development, experiential education, trauma-informed and culturally appropriate frameworks.
2. Ensure up-to-date paper & electronic program and client records in compliance with agency practices & protocols, county, state & federal regulations and private grant requirements as applicable.
3. Monitor program data elements and complete designated monthly reports documenting the program’s activities, outcomes and other relevant themes and components in a timely manner.
4. Engage in networking activities and presentations to generate relationships with fellow employees/colleagues and external individuals, agencies, businesses and other community partners to promote the program area and link young people to resources.
5. To administer medication to assigned youth in compliance with regulations and to ensure this occurs (some programs N/A).
1. Participate in on-call rotation as required by program area. (May be N/A for some programs).
2. Understand and adhere to Valley Youth House policies, practices and procedures.
3. To participate in weekly scheduled supervision with direct supervisor and be prepared with an agenda.
4. To attend and actively participate in all designated team meetings.
5. To attend both external and internal agency trainings and workshops and complete and pass all required trainings as set forth in the funder and licensing regulations as required.
6. To complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned.
- The Program Coordinator shall be a mature individual with the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of positive youth development in the independent living program.
- The Program Coordinator will possess sound judgment and knowledge of adolescent development, group instruction and curriculum development.
- This individual will be organized and highly adept at managing multiple tasks and assignments.
- Successful team members are creative thinkers and flexible in their approaches to people and projects.
- They must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to operate agency vehicle.
- They will never have been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense.
- They shall possess a minimum of three years of experience working with adolescents and a BS/BA in education, social work, human services or an equivalent combination of experience in the field and education.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.