Recruiting Specialist 0100
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Recruiting Specialist ($38k -$45k)
Under the Vice President of Human Resources’ authority, the Recruiting Specialist reports directly to the Associate Director of HR. They will collaboratively consult with hiring managers to understand the needs of each department and program area, as well as recommend strategies for identifying and recruiting potential candidates to fill all vacancies throughout the agency.
Essential Functions of Position
- Identify key performance factors, develop sourcing pools and establish interviewing criteria.
- Proactively create applicant pools and talent pipelines by posting job ads through job boards, social media, state employment agencies, professional associations and employee referral programs.
- Evaluate applications and review resumes.
- Complete initial phone screening interviews to establish a narrow candidate pool.
- Make recommendations to hiring managers on the top candidates for in-person interviews.
- Conduct reference checks on candidates that have been identified by hiring managers as potential hires.
- Collect onboarding documents from new hires prior to New Employee Orientation.
- Collaborate with Staffing Consultants as needed.
Required Functions of Position:
- Schedule and attend job fairs to recruit new talent
- Follow up and support hiring managers throughout hiring process
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the agency’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- Managing the exit interview process for terminating employees
1. Ability to work with Microsoft applications such as Google Drive, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
2. Ability to work with job posting sites such as LinkedIn, Indeed and Handshake.
3. Support Associate Director with other HR functions as needed.
4. Assist with training employees as needed.
The Recruiting Specialist shall have a minimum of three years of human resources experience, with at least 2 years of experience in job screening, hiring practices, talent acquisition, proficiency with applicant tracking systems (ATS) and human resource information systems (HRIS). Recruiting Specialist will have a bachelor’s degree in a field related to human resources management.
A working knowledge of human resources functional areas and applicable PA state employment laws is expected, as well as comprehensive knowledge of ethical and professional recruitment standards associated with employment in the non-profit sector.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.