The Youth/Young Adult Certified Peer Specialist Program serves individuals 14-26 years of age in partnership with their families when applicable. The program supports individuals who are living with a serious emotional disturbance and/or have a mental health diagnosis.
The Youth/Young Adult Certified Peer Specialist Program pairs a Certified Peer Specialist with an individual for the purpose of developing healthy coping mechanisms based on the individuals’ life goals and developing their own life goals.
WHAT CAN AN INDIVIDUAL EXPECT FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM?
- 1:1 Support and Encouragement
- Assistance with Goal Setting
- Conflict & Crisis Resolution
- Identification of Natural/Community Resources
- Increased Problem Solving Skills
- Assistance with the Development of Individualized Service/Support Plans
- Modeling of Navigating Community Resources
- Development of Positive Coping Strategies
- Support with Self Help Skills & Decision Making
- Advocacy Within the Community
- Coordination of Care
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER TO REFER AN INDIVIDUAL TO THE YOUTH/YOUNG ADULT CERTIFIED PEER SPECIALIST PROGRAM
- Does the individual have active Medical Assistance in Lehigh or Northampton County?
- Does the individual have personal or professional goals that they are unsure how to obtain or reach?
- Does the individual have a mental health diagnosis or behavioral/emotional barrier that interferes with reaching their individual goals?
- Is the individual willing to participate in the program and receive support?
- Is the individual between the ages of 14- 26 years?