Permanency Services Specialist
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Permanency Services Specialist
The job duties for this position are the following:
- Successfully engage children and families in Permanency Services.
- Complete 80% or greater of all assigned SWAN units of service and ensure all services are completed in a timely and efficient manner based upon SWAN service benchmarks, which are to be updated with regularity on the SWAN porta.
- Effectively communicate with county children and youth agencies, other children & youth service agencies, and SWAN technical assistants TA’s in relation to each assigned unit of service.
- Support other team member initiatives.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- Minimum of a BS/BA in Human Services, Social Work or related field.
- At least one year of experience directly providing SWAN services required.
- Excellent writing and organization skills; this individual must be organized and highly adept at managing multiple tasks and assignments.
- Ability to engage a diverse population of youth.
- Strong creative thinking abilities.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Flexibility in working environment; travel and teleworking are required for this position.
- At least one year of experience.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.