Peer Specialist 1 – 9306
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: PT – Peer Specialist 1 – ($14.00 – $16.00)
The job duties for this position are as follows :
- Remaining in close contact with youth throughout their participation in the Host Homes program.
- Providing emotional support and mediation, including discussing both challenges and successes, and collaboration with internal and external supports utilized by youth.
- Ensure up-to-date paper & electronic client records in compliance with program, county, state and federal regulations and private grant requirements as applicable.
- To work with the Host Homes Specialist and Pride Supervisor as part of a support team for the youth.
State the requirements for this position (Specific education & experience as well as any licensure or special skills that are needed):
- The Host Homes Peer Specialist must not have utilized housing services with Valley Youth House in the past 3 years.
- the ability to establish trusting relationships with their peers
- a commitment to working with LGBTQ+ youth and young adults
- Peer specialist certification is a plus
Required years of experience:
- Within the last three years they have at least 12 months (not necessarily consecutive) full or part-time paid or volunteer work experience; one year of college or other educational experience (within the last three years) can be substituted for the work experience