Mentor Specialist 2109
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Mentor Specialist ($32k-$36k)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- Engaging youth and creating opportunities for youth to meet mentors.
- Marketing and developing mentors who will mentor the youth.
- Planning mentor match events, monitoring matches and identifying needs and challenges.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- BA and minimum of 2 years’ experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, marketing skills and knowledge of community resources.
- Clear Criminal, FBI, Child Abuse and Driving Record
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.