Mental Health Aide
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Mental Health Aide
- Provide behavioral and emotional support to children with special needs.
- Maintain the care of children ages 2-21 years old in their own home by providing one-on-one respite services.
- Document activities, mileage and complete timesheets in a timely fashion.
- Hours are flexible – morning, afternoon, or weekends available.
- Criminal background check, child abuse clearance and FBI clearance.
- Experience with children, adolescents and young adults.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable vehicle
- 19 years of age with high school diploma or GED
- Do you live in the Allentown, Bethlehem or Easton areas?
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.