Marketing & Communications Officer
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Marketing & Communications Officer – 1 ($33,500 – $40,000)
Under the President & CEO’s authority and the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Development and Marketing, this person is responsible for advancing the mission of the Agency by increasing the public awareness of, and philanthropic commitment to Valley Youth House. They will develop key alliances to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of internal and external communications, marketing, public relations, and media relations for Valley Youth House.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- External Communications:
- Actively engage with the President & CEO, Board of Directors, and Board of Governors to lead the marketing and communications strategy for Valley Youth House, building awareness and increasing philanthropic revenue. Staff liaison for Marketing Committee of the BOD/BOG: Prepare agenda, run committee meeting, and collaborate with Board members to meet marketing and philanthropic goals.
- Plan, implement, and monitor Agency Development & Marketing campaigns: email/e-newsletter, direct mail (appeals), social media, and web presence. Use tracking data to modify and optimize programs.
- Keep accurate and timely record of youth, alumni, staff, and Board spotlights, news/media, and hot topics related to positive youth development and social services. Keep abreast of news, corporate news, development and marketing trends, and corporate giving practices and issues.
- Manage VYH online presence, including content creation, content updates, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google analytics/locations, and other online platforms (ex. Guidestar).
- Public/Media Relations: cultivate relationships with media, write and send out press releases and position VYH in the media to receive recognition for earned thought leadership. Work with multiple media outlets for advertising and public awareness.
- Coordinate with print & design vendors to manage VYH brand integrity and consistency, including creation of new marketing materials, branded merchandise, and annual publications: Annual Report, folders/program brochures, Impact Report, Case Statement, Donor Communication Plan, New Offices/Locations/Signage, and Photography.
2. Internal Communications:
- Work with the HR department to create and distribute monthly employee newsletter for agency. Liaison for staff/office changes and new/closed programs.
- Collaborate with President & CEO to develop Quarterly broadcasts and CEO updates.
- Ensure that the Development, Marketing, and Grants area of the employee intranet (VYH HUB) are up-to-date.
3. Support Development & Marketing Department:
- Supervise Development and Marketing Intern(s).
- Assist with function, welfare and promotion of the Development & Marketing Department. Assist in creating and implementing Strategic Plan for the Development & Marketing Department including individual goals and objectives.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and regularly scheduled supervision with the Senior Vice President of Development & Marketing and be prepared with an agenda and punch list.
- Complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned. Assist Development Department staff as assigned.
This position requires maturity, excellent skills in writing, organization, motivation, creativity, use of computers, independence of judgment, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. The individual will be flexible in their approaches to people and projects and be highly adept at managing multiple tasks and assignments. A Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of fundraising and/or marketing experience is required. The individual must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel when necessary.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.