Maintenance Worker – Philadelphia
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: SE Maintenance Worker ($14-$15)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- To complete maintenance tasks in the areas of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, landscaping, snow removal and other areas as identified within the scope of VYH property.
- To provide relocation and moving services for agency offices and clients as identified by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- To maintain and deliver office and property supplies and stock.
- To respond to on-site maintenance requests and emergencies as needed, necessary or appropriate while at agency property sites.
- To provide and/or arrange maintenance of vehicles as needed or directed.
- To provide substitute cleaning services as directed or in the absence of the agency cleaning person.
- To complete in a timely and accurate manner personnel-related material (e.e., timesheets, mileage sheets, etc.)
- To act as a positive role model for youth residents, clients, and staff.
- To represent VYH in a professional manner within the community.
- To perform and/or complete other services or tasks deemed necessary and appropriate by the Maintenance Supervisor, Executive Vice President, or President.
- To proactively communicate the status of all jobs and assignments with program staff. This includes informing them of scheduling, completion, and delays of any job.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- A mature responsible individual with sound judgment and present themselves as an appropriate role model to youth, families, and staff.
- He/she must be an individual who has never been convicted of any child abuse offenses.
- Able to lift furniture and drive a box truck.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.