Life Skills Counselor – 9001
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Life Skills Counselor
The job duties for this position are the following:
- Successfully engage youth/client in developing and implementing their individual goal and/or transition plan using positive youth development, trauma-informed and culturally appropriate frameworks
- A minimum of 50% of the working hours will be spent providing quality in-person goal planning, instruction and case management services according to youth’s/client’s identified level of service.
- Ensure up to date paper & electronic records in compliance with program, county, state and federal regulations and private grant requirements as applicable.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with adolescents and Bachelors degree in Human Services or equivalent combination of experience in the field and education.
- Must have never been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 /year
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of working with youth/adolescents experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor’s?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s License?