Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Job Developer ($38,000 – $42,000)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- Identifying and engaging employers that will employ out of school youth (17-24)
- Networking at employment based activities in the community; including, but not limited to meeting with potential employers, attending job fairs, screening youth for employment.
- Identify and find career readiness opportunities including customer service, retail, healthcare, childcare, food services, and trade industries.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business or Education
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- 2 years of employment experience preferred
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.