Job Developer – 9400-05
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: FT – Job Developer ($36k – $38k)
The job duties for this position are as follows :
- The Job Developer 1 is responsible for cultivating and finding employers that will employ youth. Additionally, the Job developer ensures positive community relations and increased networking at employment-based activities. This includes, but is not limited to, meeting with potential employers, attending fairs, screening youth for employment.
- The Job Developer 1 is responsible for individual and group employment instruction, assistance in goal planning for AIC members. Associated duties include individual sessions related to employability skills development, job searching, and job retention strategies.
- The Job Developer is under the authority of the Senior Vice-President and the Director and reports directly to the Employment Services Supervisor.
- 65% of the Job Developer’s time will be spent developing and cultivating external partnerships for paid employment, subsided employment, and volunteer/unpaid internships and job shadowing. Job developer will identify and find career readiness opportunities including but not limited to customer service, retail, and healthcare, childcare, and trade industries.
- Complete all assigned duties as it relates to summer employment and/or other related employment programs
- Ensure up-to-date paper & electronic program and client records in compliance with agency practices & protocols, county, state & federal regulations and private grant requirements as applicable.
- To successfully implement and update Employment activities and curriculum relating to career readiness skill development, job searching and retention strategies.
- To provide individual and group employment instruction and assist in career goal planning.
- To complete assigned duties related to the AIC summer employment program and/ or other related employment programs.
Essential Functions of Position
- Review and update ongoing employers and youth employment screening materials. Develop program-marketing materials for both youth and employers.
- Monitor program data elements and complete designated monthly reports and document program activities, outcomes, relevant themes, and components in a timely manner.
- Model and practice with youth independent living skills including but not limited to professional dress, career planning, time management, and self-care.
- To support the Employment Specialist in screening AIC members for placement in a variety of jobs in the community.
- To develop connections and resources for the implementation of experiential learning in the community as related to employment and computer technology services at AIC.
- Address and Report any crisis or critical incident as defined by agency and/or county, state, or federal regulations according to the agency’s formalized practice and protocols.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Youth House policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in weekly scheduled supervision with direct supervisor and be prepared with an agenda.
- Attend and actively participate in all designated team meetings.
- Attend both external and internal agency trainings and workshops and complete and pass all required trainings as set forth in the funder and licensing regulations as required.
- Complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned.
State the requirements for this position:
- The Job Developer 1 shall be a mature individual with the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of positive youth development in the independent living program.
- The Job Developer 1 will possess sound judgment and knowledge of employment eservices.
- This individual will be organized and highly adept at managing multiple tasks and assignments. Successful team members are creative thinkers and flexible in their approaches to people and projects.
- They must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to operate agency vehicle. They will never have been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense.
- They shall possess a minimum of two years’ experience working in employment services and/or Workforce Development; have a BS/BA in education, business, marketing, or human services.
Required years of experience:
Two years of experience working in employment services and/or Workforce Development.