Intake & Therapy Specialist 1

To Apply, Click Here:

Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.

We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: FT – Intake & Therapy Specialist 1 ($38k – $42k)

The job duties for this position are as follows :

  • To provide high quality clinical direction and leadership to staff in all program settings and fostering a positive youth/human development environment.
  • To provide individual and group counseling services to assigned clients and spend 50% of time providing direct client contact. To manage and oversee incoming referrals for all housing programs.
  • To complete intakes for all housing programs.
  • To collaborate with the Emergency Services Team in conducting weekly housing assessments.
  • To manage and oversee client tracking and program census reports.
  • To complete quarterly independent living assessments for youth in programs.
  • To assist the team in providing youth-respectful, culturally sensitive, and strengths-based support services for all youth.
  • To complete required and necessary documentation and paperwork, including clinical notes, discharge recommendations, quarterly reports, etc.

State the requirements for this position (Specific education & experience as well as any licensure or special skills that are needed):

  • Masters in Social Work or related field
  • The Intake & Therapy Specialist shall be a mature individual with the ability to articulate and implement the philosophy of the Independent Living Program.
  • The Intake & Therapy Specialist will possess sound judgment and strong clinical and youth work skills. They will have a demonstrated ability to function well as a team member.
  • They shall never have been convicted of any child abuse offense.
  • They shall possess a minimum of three years experience working with adolescents and a master’s degree in human services, counseling, social work or other related field.