Intake and Therapy Specialist 9301 – 1804
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Intake and Therapy Specialist ($38k-$42k)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- To provide high quality clinical direction and leadership to staff in all program settings and fostering a positive yout/human development environment.
- To provide individual and group counseling services to assigned clients and spend 50% of time providing direct client contact.
- To assist the team in providing youth-respectful, culturally sensitive, and strengths-based support services for all youth.
- To complete required and necessary documentation and paperwork, including clinical notes, discharge recommendations, quarterly reports, etc.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- The Intake & Therapy Specialist shall be a mature individual with the ability to articulate and implement the philosophy of the Independent Living Program.
- The Intake & Therapy and implement the philosophy of the Independent Living Program.
- The Intake & Therapy Specialist will possess sound judgment and strong clinical and youth work skills.
- They will have a demonstrated ability to function well as a team member.
- They shall never have been convicted of any child abuse offense.
- They shall possess a minimum of three years experience working with adolescents and a master’s degree in human services counseling, social work or other related field.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color,religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status