Housing Stability Coach 2401
Posted by Silvia on 07/13/2020
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Housing Stability Coach ($35k – $37k)
The job duties for this position are as follows (add additional sheet if necessary) :
- Successfully engage youth/client in developing and implementing their individual goal and/or transition plan using positive youth development, trauma-informed and culturally appropriate frameworks.
- A minimum of 50% of the working hours will be spent providing quality in-person goal planning, instruction and case management services according to youth’s/clients identified level of service.
- Ensure up-to-date paper & electronic client records in compliance with program, county, state and federal regulations and private grant requirements as applicable.
- Facilitate a long term project that is either an ongoing workshop or initiative.
- Meet with the youth/client according to program requirements to model and practice independent living skills with youth/client, including, but not limited to: academic and career planning, permanent relationships/mentoring, housing/household maintenance, priority setting, money management, and health and wellness.
- Represent the program and agency in a professional manner and maintain positive community relationships in a proactive manner.
- Be the primary liaison contact and provide regular ongoing case coordination with community contacts such as: referral/funding sources, children and youth agencies, landlords, probation, school personnel, employers, doctor’s offices.
- Participate in on-call rotation as required by program area. (May be N/A for some programs).
- Address and report any crisis or critical incident as defined by agency and/or county, state or federal regulations according to the agency’s formalized practice and protocols.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Youth House policies, practices and procedures.
- To participate in weekly scheduled supervision with direct supervisor and be prepared with an agenda.
- To attend and actively participate in team meetings.
- To attend both external and internal agency trainings and workshops and complete and pass all required trainings as set forth in the funder and licensing regulations as required.
- To complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned.