Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Description: Support the Mission of Valley Youth House by providing administrative support to the President/CEO and members of the agency’s Board of Directors. This person exercises independent discretion about matters of significance to the agency, and should be self-starter who can work without daily direction.
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
1. Maintain the CEO’s calendar – schedule meetings and appointments, taking into account travel time and other potential conflicts, and be aware each day of the CEO’s schedule.
2. Serve as the liaison to the Board of Directors – handle phone calls, emails and correspondence with Board members, prepare birthday cards & sympathy cards, track committee assignments & tenure of each board member.
3. Coordinate committee meetings that involve Board members and/or the CEO, including Board operating committees, strategic planning committee meetings, compensation committee meetings, nominating committee meetings, etc.
4. Support bi-monthly Board meetings and the Annual Business Meeting – proactively work with the CEO and Board Chair to develop the agenda for each board meeting:
a. Send out board meeting invitations, follow-up to confirm attendance with each board member;
b. Prepare agendas & packet materials, send out board meeting materials one week in advance of each meeting;
c. Take minutes of each meeting and distribute them after each meeting.
d. Maintain the Strategic Plan Tracking Sheet, gathering information from each Vice President, and distribute at each board meeting.
e. Organize and support the Annual Business Meeting – support the Nominating Committee by assembling the annual ballot of elected board members and officers, work with the Marketing Department to insure that an Annual Report is completed by the meeting.
5. Participate as a member of the agency’s Leadership Team – attend meetings, participate fully in discussions, record minutes and distribute, including summarizing assignments to members.
6. Submit and maintain renewal applications for Department of Human Services program licenses for applicable VYH programs.
7. Handle correspondence of the CEO – send out letters, respond to emails and phone calls, handle contracts with counties and states, including signing as official witness.
8. Be proactive in reminding the CEO of upcoming meetings and events – prepare draft agendas or correspondence, insure that deadlines are met, remind CEO of upcoming meetings, etc.
9. Handle reservations and travel arrangements for conferences and meetings, including hotel and air reservations.
10. Maintain hard copies and electronic files of important documents, including legal documents and historical documents for the agency.
1. Coordinate the annual United Way campaign – develop a plan each year to increase employee participation and attain the annual United Way goal.
2. Review and flag any critical incidents emailed to the CEO.
3. Handle CEO’s monthly expense report and lease car mileage report.
4. Support the overall operation of the office by assisting as needed with front desk coverage and other general duties.
The Executive Assistant should be organized, detail oriented, and personable, and able to balance multiple projects while maintaining a pleasant demeanor. The applicant must possess excellent computer skills, including Word, Power Point, and Excel. A four-year college degree and experience in the field of social work or not-for-profit work is preferred. Able to work some early mornings or evening meetings as required.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.