Backpack Challenge 2021
Make your donation today by clicking here!
Text BCP2021 to 76278
The Backpack Challenge is an annual community effort led by Valley Youth House in partnership with the Philadelphia Department of Human Services. This campaign collects school supplies and backpacks for youth in foster care. In addition, the campaign ensures that every young person who is a member of the Achieving Independence Center and enrolled in college receives as much support as possible to eliminate barriers to academic success.
Heading back to high school or starting college should be an exciting time. However, for youth who are homeless or living in foster care, it can be an extremely stressful time. This campaign offers the opportunity for Philadelphia area businesses and residents to support our young people using various platforms.
COVID-19 has changed the way we live our lives and prepare our young people to go back to school this fall. In response, the 2021 Backpack Challenge will focus on raising funds to provide laptop computers, textbooks, and enrollment fees for all our college freshmen. Our goal is to raise $30,000 to ease the financial burden faced by young people on their journey to higher education.
Every gift is an opportunity to make an impact on the future for a young person starting college this fall. You can make a difference today!
GIVE – Corporate or individual sponsorships:
- $100 – Assists in purchasing basic school supplies for students
- $250 – Provides a college freshman with a new laptop to start college.
- $500 – Assists a young person to purchase dorm room essentials
- $1000 – Provides books and supplies for a college student for one year
- $2000 – Helps a community college attend college for one semester
- $5000 – Helps a university student attend college for one year