Employment Specialist 9400
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Employment Specialist
The Employment Specialist 1 is responsible for individual and group employment instruction, assistance in goal planning for AIC members, and record-keeping as related to assigned tasks. Associated duties include individual sessions related to employability skills development, job searching, and job retention strategies. This individual works with AIC members to create a long term career plan and action steps to achieve it. The Employment Specialist is under the authority of the Sr. Vice President, Program Director, and reports directly to the Program Supervisor.
- To successfully implement and update Employment activities and curriculum relating to career readiness skill development, job searching and retention strategies.
- To provide individual and group employment instruction and assist in career goal planning.
- To develop connections and resources for the implementation of experiential learning in the community as it relates to employment and computer technology.
- To complete assigned duties related to the AIC summer employment program and/ or other related employment programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
- To model and practice independent living skills with youth including but not limited to: education and career planning, job skills, time and money management, and self-care.
- To support the Job Developer in screening AIC members for placement in a variety of jobs in the community.
- To develop connections and resources for the implementation of experiential learning in the community as related to employment and computer technology services at AIC.
- To assist in maintaining compliance with PA DHS and DHS regulations and/or program grant requirements as applicable.
- Address and report any crisis or critical incident as defined by agency and/or county, state or federal regulations according to the agency’s formalized practice and protocols.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Youth House policies, practices, and procedures.
- To participate in weekly scheduled supervision with direct supervisor and be prepared with an agenda.
- To attend and actively participate in team meetings.
- To attend both external and internal agency training and workshops and complete and pass all required training as set forth in the funder and licensing regulations as required.
- To complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned.
The Employment Specialist be a mature individual with the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of positive youth development in the independent living program. The Employment Specialist will possess sound judgment and knowledge of adolescent development. This individual will be organized and highly adept at managing multiple tasks and assignments. Successful team members are creative thinkers and flexible in their approaches to people and projects. They will never have been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense. They shall possess a minimum of three years experience working with adolescents and a BS/BA in human services or an equivalent combination of experience in the field and education.
VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.