Education Specialist (Group Facilitator) 2600
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children,youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Education Specialist (Group Facilitator) – $19.00 – $24.00
The job duties for this position are as follows :
1. To provide group prevention and education services,e.g. Life Skills Training, Too Good for Drugs, etc. to Lehigh County youth in aquality manner.
2. To perform speaking engagements and conduct presentations as assigned.
3. To demonstrate professional conduct in behavior,appearance, and attitude.
4. To become thoroughly familiar with the contents of the Valley Youth House Personnel Policies.
5. To maintain and accurately complete all paperwork and submit in a timely manner.
6. To report all child abuse occurrences, as legally mandated, to the Program Supervisor or Senior Vice President and to appropriate county and state authorities.
7. To attend and participate in a prepared manner all scheduled supervisions, staff meetings, and other related programs or agency meetings.
8. To attend both external and internal agency trainings and workshops as identified or deemed necessary and appropriate, and as outlined in the Valley Youth House Personnel Policies.
9. To perform and complete other service and administrative tasks as required.
State there quirements for this position (Specific education & experience as well as any licensure or special skills that are needed):
- An Education Specialist/ Group Facilitator shall be a mature person with sound judgment and serve as an appropriate role model to youth and families.
- They must be someone who has never been convicted of any child abuse offenses.
- The individual must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in a human service discipline, and must never have been convicted of any child abuse offenses.
- The candidate’s race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or state of physical ability shall not be considered when hiring for this