Counselor (School-Based) 3000
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children,youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience andfosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fillthe following position: School-Based Counselor (PT) ($21.50 – $25.00)
The jobduties for this position are as follows :
1. To provide a minimum of 90% of assigned services tochildren and youth.
2. To successfully initiate and maintain engagement withyouth and families throughout the treatment process.
3. To provide individual, parent, family, and/or groupcounseling services to clients in schools and other settings as appropriatewithin the context of outreach services.
4. To represent Valley Youth House in treatmentconferences with other agencies and as designated by the program supervisor.
5. To provide regular ongoing case coordination andcollateral contact with others involved in individual cases.
6. To complete the necessary documentation of serviceprovision according to established time frames and protocols.
7. To represent the program services provided to anindividual in court if subpoenaed.
8. To provide crisis response to clients during schoolhours and as needed.
9. To follow the policies, procedures, and rules stated inthe agency personnel policies, code of business ethics, employee handbook, andprogram procedural manual.
10. To immediately report to the supervisor: any situationin which a child, family member, or another person is at risk of imminent harmand/or 2. a death occurs in an open case or a case open at the agency withinthe last 90 days.
11. To immediately report to the supervisor any situationin which a client is threatening to sue Valley Youth House.
State therequirements for this position (Specific education & experience as wellas any licensure or special skills that are needed):
- A School-Based Counselor shall be amature person with sound judgment and serve as an appropriate role model toyouth and families.
- They must be someone who has never been convicted of anychild abuse offenses.
- At least a master’s degree in a human service disciplineis required and at least 1-3 years of counseling experience is preferred.
- Thecandidate’s race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or state of physicalability shall not be considered when hiring for this position.