Certified Peer Specialist
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children,youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Certified Peer Specialist – $15.00
The job duties for this position are as follows (add additional sheet if necessary) :
- Provide 1:1 support and encouragement to individuals with mental health diagnoses in order to develop their Individual Service Plans and accomplish person-centered goals.
- To attend weekly supervision and complete appropriate documentation per program expectations.
- To serve individuals ages 14-26 years of age with mental health diagnoses in their homes, schools, vocational arenas, and community settings.
- To complete appropriate trainings per program expectations.
State the requirements for this position(Specific education & experience as well as any licensure or special skills that are needed):
- 18 years of age or older (high school diploma or general equivalence diploma required)
- Must have one year of full time paid work experience within the past three years
- Candidate must have received mental health services for a serious emotional disturbance or serious mental illness
- Must have driver’s license and clean driving record as well as appropriate clearances (FBI, PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Check)