Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Camp Lifeguard/Counselor – $500 – $700 per week (Part-time – Seasonal)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- To oversee activities at aquatics center/pool.
- Explaining and enforcing rules, regulations and policies to ensure safety of campers.
- Monitoring and maintaining order in designated swim areas.
- To successfully engage and maintain youth throughout the camp program.
- To provide quality supervision toyouth during assigned shifts, evenings, overnights and weekends.
- To facilitate experiential education and adventure-based programming
- To respond to crisis situations in a proactive manner and immediately report crises to camp program coordinator.
- To attend team and staff meetings/supervision as scheduled.
- To serve as a positive role model for youth.
- To perform administrative responsibilities related to his/her work.
- To follow the policies, procedures, and rules in the agency personnel policies, code of business ethics, employee handbook and program procedure manual.
- To immediately report to the supervisor any situation in which a client is threatening to sue Valley Youth House.
- To complete all mandatory training prior to start of the Camp season.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- Valid lifeguard certificate.
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or education
- Available May 15-August 15, 2020
- Available to sleep over at camp during the camp season
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.