Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Camp Counselor – PT-Seasonal ($500 – $700 weekly)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- To successfully engage and maintain youth throughout the camp program.
- To provide quality supervision to youth during assigned shifts, evenings, overnights and weekends.
- To facilitate experiential education and adventure-based programming.
- To respond to crisis situations in a proactive manor and immediately report crises to camp program coordinator.
- To attend team and staff meetings/supervision as scheduled.
- To serve as a positive role model for youth.
- To perform administrative responsibilities related to his/her work.
- To follow the policies, procedures, and rules in the agency personnel policies, code of business ethics, employee handbook and program procedure manual.
- To immediately report to the supervisor any situation in which a client is threatening to sue Valley Youth House.
- To complete all mandatory training prior to start of the Camp season.
- Assist with Camp maintenance.
- To administer medication.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or education.
- Available May 15th through August 15th 2020.
- Available to sleep over at camp during the camp season.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.