Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Secretary – Salary $12.50 – $14.23 per hour
The job duties for this position are the following:
- To provide excellent reception services via telephone and in person with AIC visitors, and ensure that all AIC members present their IDs and sign in.
- To process all incoming and assigned outgoing communications, such as mail, faxes and email on a daily basis as directed.
- To assist with the ordering of all office supplies in a timely matter and maintaining of records for purchases using program and agency protocol as directed.
- To maintain all of the common office areas (e.g. reception area, youth area, conference room), and manage the reservation process for use of rooms.
- To assist with financially related assignments (e.g. token distribution and token reconciliation).
- To provide assistance with clerical needs of the AIC for all staff (e.g. making copies, distributing mail etc.)
- To support Administrative Assistant with daily functions of AIC.
- To assist with data entry int he AIC database and other agency information systems.
- To promote an inviting, organized atmosphere and office environment.
- To participate in weekly supervision with the AA and be prepared with an agenda.
- To monitor all AIC’s staff compliance with signing in and out of the office when they leave and return during the business day.
- To accurately complete or assist with all required paperwork and documentation in a manner consistent with established protocols including, but not limited to: miscellaneous personnel materials, statistics, reports, program bills and other items assigned.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- AIC Secretary shall be a mature individual with the ability to promote the philosophy of the Independent Living Program.
- They will possess strong clerical, computer, telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Never have been convicted of any child abuse offense.
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years experience working in a clerical/receptionist position or related field.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 9am to 7pm
- Experience working with youth in the Foster Care System a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.50 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Receptionist: 3 years
- Secretary: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.