Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Administrative Assistant ($13.00-$13.50)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily management of the reception area and general office areas. A significant portion of the Administrative Assistant’s time is spent assisting with financial records, invoices, federal, state, and local reporting requirements, and record-keeping for assigned program areas. This position is under the Senior Vice President and Director’s authority and under the direct supervision of the Office Manager/Program Supervisor/Associate Director.
Critical Functions of the Position:
- To provide general office support to all team members in assigned location.
- To monitor and maintain records including, but not limited to, financial documentation, meeting minutes and client-related statistics & services for designated program areas.
- To create and maintain personnel-related documents, including training hours in the on-site supplemental employee files.
- To lead the employee engagement efforts agency-wide and at the office location (eg. sunshine committee, etc.).
Essential Functions of Position:
- To provide excellent reception and communication with all clients, staff, visitors, and stakeholders and ensuring an inviting, organized atmosphere and office environment.
- To order all office supplies in a timely manner and maintain records for purchases using program and agency protocol.
- To support the processing of all incoming and assigned outgoing communications, such as mail, faxes, and email on a daily basis.
- To support the IT Department in the maintenance and tracking of all computers & technology systems.
- To ensure the proper functioning of all office equipment and troubleshoot potential problems.
- To participate in regularly scheduled supervision with direct supervisor and be prepared with an agenda.
- To attend and actively participate in team meetings.
- To accurately complete all personnel materials in a timely manner.
- To attend both external and internal agency training and workshops and complete and pass all required trainings as set forth in the funder and licensing regulations as required.
- To complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned.
- The Administrative Assistant shall be a mature individual with the ability to promote the philosophy of the Independent Living and other related programs within the office setting, to visitors and in other settings as required.
- The Administrative Assistant will possess strong clerical, computer, and telephone as well as financial and interpersonal skills.
- This individual must be highly organized and self-motivated.
- They shall never have been convicted of any child abuse offense.
- They shall possess a minimum of a high school diploma with three years of experience, a BA/BS and two years of experience working in an administrative support position or related field or other equivalent combination of experience.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.