Administrative Assistant 2400-03
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Administrative Assistant ($11.00 – $13.00 per hour)
The job duties for this position are the following:
- To provide excellent reception and communication with all clients, staff, visitors, and stakeholders and ensuring an inviting, organized atmosphere and office environment.
- To order all office supplies in a timely manner and maintain records for purchases using program and agency protocol.
- To support the processing of all incoming and assigned outgoing communications, such as mail, faxes and email on a daily basis.
- To ensure proper functioning of all office equipment and troubleshoot potential problems.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- The Administrative Assistant shall be a mature individual with the ability to promote the philosophy of the Independent Living Program within the office setting, to visitors and in other settings as required.
- The Administrative Assistant will possess strong clerical, computer, and telephone as well as financial and interpersonal skills.
- This individual must be highly organized and self-motivated. They shall never have been convicted of any child abuse offense.
- They shall possess a minimum of a high school diploma with two years of experience working in an administrative support position or related field or other equivalent combination of experience.
- Applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically with Excel, Experience with Google Docs preferred.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.