Life Skills Counselor – Media, PA
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: Life Skills Counselor – 30k – 35k
The job duties for this position are the following:
- The Life Skills Counselor is responsible for client supervision and guidance, case management, individual and/or group life skills counseling, and all aspects of day-to-day program functions, which may include apartment and site monitoring, community relations issues, and liaison related contacts.
- This also includes generating goal plans with youth/client, tracking their accomplishments, submitting all required county, state and federal documentation. As well as maintaining all documents related to the client records.
- The Life Skills Counselor is under the authority of the Senior Vice-President, the Director, the Associate Director and reports directly to the Program Supervisor/Program Coordinator.
This position requires the following from the applicant:
- The Life Skills Counselor shall be a mature individual with the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of positive youth development in the Independent Living Program.
- The Life Skills Counselor will possess sound judgment and knowledge of adolescent development.
- This individual will be organized and highly adept at managing multiple tasks and assignments.
- Successful team members are creative thinkers and flexible in their approaches to people and projects.
- They must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to operate agency vehicle.
- They will have never have been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense.
- They shall possess a BS/BA in human services or an equivalent combination of experience in the field and education and one-year experience working with adolescents is preferred.
Valley Youth House (VYH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VYH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. VYH expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color,religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.