‘Tis the Season to Fulfill Holiday Wishes
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth, and families through inclusive programming. But we need the help of the community to fulfill holiday wishes and create a joyous season for those who have come to us with so little to celebrate. We are hopeful that local businesses, individuals, and community organizations will be able to help make the holidays brighter for our neediest clients. Help us continue the tradition of generosity that has enabled us to bring joy and a sense of belonging to the youth and families we serve.
Last year, over 800 youth received holiday presents thanks to the generous donors of our holiday gift program. We hope that you will support Valley Youth House and our efforts to create a joyous holiday for our youth. All contributions will benefit homeless youth residing in our local residential programs, as well as families in need.
Please contact Mary Link at email@example.com, 610-820-0166, or click HERE if you are interested in participating. Mary will provide youth name(s), age(s), and holiday wish lists. Please use your own judgment when purchasing items and keep in mind that VYH youth typically want the same gifts their peers want.
Valley Youth House will accept holiday donations/wrapped gifts at our Administrative Offices located at 829 West Linden Street, Allentown PA 18101 between the hours of 9 AM and 3 PM, M-F,
December 1-12, 2015. This allows time to organize and distribute the gifts to the VYH counselors prior to the holidays. If you need to make arrangements for gift pick up or have questions regarding your list, please contact Mary Link.
If you do not want to grant a specific holiday wish, you may also purchase the following items for those youth who do not get selected or may be spending the holidays in our shelter:
- Personal hygiene: body washes and sprays, beauty products, and hair accessories, Axe cologne, cologne and soap sets.
- Developmental or ages appropriate learning toys.
- Art and craft kits
- Photo frames, photo album, scrapbook and accessories for teen mothers.
- Journals, markers, gel pens and sticker sets for teens.
- Sports equipment, memorabilia, hats, or clothing
- Board games, mind-teasers, puzzles, etc.
- Earbuds, portable speakers for phone/mp3 players
- Electronic games, MP3 players, DVD player
- Sport socks (Nike basketball or black crew socks for boys), fun colored socks or knee high/boot socks for girls, gloves for texting, fashionable head wraps, hats, and scarves.
- Gift cards to major stores such as Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, Best Buy, Five Below, Game Stop, iTunes, K-mart, Ross, Target, TJ Maxx, Walmart, or Lehigh Valley Mall, and Visa cards.
- Gift cards to local food establishments such as Burger King, Chipotle, Friendly’s, McDonalds, Panera, Qdoba, and Wawa.
- Gift cards to local entertainment venues such as Carmike theatres, Phantoms, etc.
- Many of our youth asked for candy. This is a hit with our teen boys: chocolates, M&Ms, Skittles, gummies, gum, etc. however, try to stay away from foods containing nuts or peanut butter due to allergies.
Thank you for supporting Valley Youth House’s mission to empower and strengthen the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence. Your holiday gift donation will help Valley Youth House build a better future for local youth and families. We are so grateful for your generosity!